Recently Ontario Mushroom Farms in Canada received from Hoving Holland (Dutch equipment supplier) a new generation Tunnelfilling Cassette. The machine was re-build by customers` specialists after transport. The equipment is tested, successfully started up and is filling 43 meter-tunnels.
UMDIS Mushroom Information Agency asked company Hoving Holland to tell our readers more about what differs this new generation Tunnelfilling Cassette from the previous one.
– In Canada we have 14 customers divided in the compost market or waste market. We already are supplying to the Canadian marked for more than 20 years, – tells Dave Hoving.
The company Hoving Holland designs and produces custom built machines and entire installations for mushroom industry and waste management.
– UMDIS asked me about the developments of the cassette in conjunction with the oldest cassettes we are building. Of course, a lot of changes have been made in the last years, but one of the most impressive thing (which I didn’t knew) was that machine driving out of the bridge for cleaning. This was already made and delivered in 2003, that machine is still working and in operation.
Cassette innovations that Dave Hoving indicates:
- The conveyors are now executed with rubber conveyor belts instead of gliding belts.
Rubber belts have a longer lifetime than gliding belts.
- The belts are not supported by gliding profiles anymore, but with standard trough rollers.
- The cassettes are executed with self-made heavy duty rollers.
– Drum motors are not used anymore, we use now separate motors in combination with homemade rollers. Drum motors are hardly available in other countries and the external, separate motors are standard motors.
4. The motors of the gun conveyor are placed outside of the frame and are electric motors, this results in easier maintenance.
– The conveyor belts are executed in a trough. This to achieve a construction which is open and doesn’t need sideboards. The whole frame is open, which makes it more easily for cleaning.
– The undercarriage can be lowered to ground level, allowing the front carriage and horizontal feed conveyors to drive out onto the work floor for easier and better cleaning and maintenance.
As soon as you have more questions about equipment for mushroom and compost production – you can contact Hoving Holland: https://www.hoving-holland.nl/ .