Company “Veres”, part of the “Smart-Holding” this year celebrated 16 years. The company’s turnover amounted to $ 120 million in 2012, produces more than 50,000 tons per year. The company exports its products to 20 countries, selling more than one hundred kinds of products. Raw materials for its preservation in companies prefer to produce themselves. And not paying attention to the declining market, the company continues to grow – in the first quarter of ’13 turnover increased by 7%.
After a few years break Rodiontsev Andrew, founder of the company, “Veres”, last year returned to lead the company. Changes do not have to wait – in 2012 held rebranding of products, released a new product line, introduced the new packaging.
However, the “mushroom” towards the expected significant changes, according A.Rodiontseva not worth it. “Veres” is the market leader marinated mushrooms both in Ukraine and in Russia. In Ukraine, the company owns about 50% of sales of pickled mushrooms, in Russia – and even more. Company “Ukrchampignon” – one of the key parts of the “Veres”, whose construction was completed in 2004, all these years was the largest mushroom producer in Eastern Europe.
IA “Umdis” ask a few questions about the prospects Andrei Rodiontsevu Ukrainian market of pickled mushrooms and the company.
– In general, how is the situation on the market Pickled mushrooms in Ukraine and Russia?
-There was a time when Ukraine sales of marinated mushroom and pickled wild mushrooms were 50/50. But the situation has changed, and now in Ukraine 70% of fungal preservation of mushrooms, 30% – wild mushrooms, hints and other [exotic] mushrooms, for the most part cultivated. The basic amount of canned exotic comes into our market from China, and the quality of this fungus is usually not the best. And the proportion of forest mushrooms decreases.
We have 50% of the market marinated mushrooms in Ukraine. The market tends to fall. Market is shrinking, not significant, but declining. We continue to operate two brands in this market.
The Russian market is very different. In Russia, 87% of consumption is wild mushrooms, and only 13% – a mushroom. Therefore, the Russian market for [pickle] mushroom – not very meaningful.
– You want to actively enter into the fresh market?
– As for the fresh market – this is not our specialty. The main volume of the fungus produced is processed at our facility. But a certain amount of our mushroom, especially when it peak demand, we now sell in the market. We work with all networks, all networks have kontrakty- no audio network in Ukraine, which would not be open contract with us. In any case, we can not significantly influence the fresh market. Well, we can “throw” – well, 100 tons per month. Is the figure for the market?
-There is information that “Veres” too large stocks of canned mushroom, and this may affect the plans for growing mushrooms.
– The shelf life of our canned mushroom – 2 years. What is the problem? Enough seasonal consumption. Usually it happens – in the summer more stocks, less in winter. Once we enter into deficit once it has carryover stocks.
– That is the mushroom production will be stable operation, including in the summer?
– Always have a production fluctuations. There is always a need to make repairs. Repairs sure it makes sense to do in the summer. There are various technological nuances, but nothing special, there is no force majeure.
– What is the market marinated mushrooms in the long term 10-15 years?
– I do not see prospects for growth characteristics. Perhaps with the improvement of the economic situation. When I hear statements about what’s out there eating meat 10 kilograms per person, and we have 1 kilogram, so we have to grow up to 10 times. Here I do not agree. In general – the problem of malnutrition in Ukraine reliably solved. In order to do that grew, something has to fall. Perhaps it is only about redistribution. So I do not understand is why people will have less to eat the fungus, for example, twice as many. Somehow slowly, slowly, it happens, but I have a fairly moderate optimism in this regard.
– We specialize in sales of branded products. Usually, when consuming products HoReCa, there is no place for the label, only the price. Ie it is something like a Private lable networks, only harder. Therefore, we are of such sales, but they are not systematic.
-Do you feel out of pickled mushrooms Bondyuel the Ukrainian market?
-Bonduelle has bought the company Fransshampinon, about 5 years ago. Fransshampinon – the largest producer of mushroom in France, 80% of the French market. In addition, the same purchasing power they had acquired in Poland and in the Netherlands. In our market, Polish mushroom – out of Poznan. I long ago in this process, and that in this factory, I repeatedly visited. They position themselves higher than products Veres. We do not yet pochuvstvali competition on their part – and in Ukraine and in Russia. In Russia, they also came out with marinated mushrooms. Although undoubtedly Bonduelle – a serious and respected competitor.
– Does “Veres” to reduce prices is planned for compost, after it made its main competitors in this market?
– Until such proposals have not reached. There is no particular margin. Everything can be reduced – I do not know what the expense.