Medvedev Dmitriy, Harkov city
Preparation of mushroom chamber (CC) for a new cycle of cultivation is a very important part of the process, since in the future will depend on the pathogenic background in GC and across the enterprise.
Our task is to create a minimal contamination by pathogens at the plant, as to get rid of 100% of unwanted flora in industrial environments is impossible.
So we start looking at our issue with the fact that the unloading of spent compost is already done and we left the room with the remote mining residues, dirty equipment, conveyors, hoists, wire mesh, racks, etc. depending on the equipment of enterprises. I would recommend that before washing the chamber with water, treat all surfaces of the foaming agent with disinfectant effect through the a high pressure (AVD).
As experience shows it has a number of advantages:
- No need for manual machining contaminated surfaces with cloths or brushes.
- To carry out this operation need 1 person instead of 2-4, who instead works on the cleaning chamber may be involved, such as mushroom picking, earthworks etc.
- Significant time savings. In CC, 36 m long., It takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Visually, you can check the performance of work, as opposed to manual cleaning, which increasingly have to rely on the good faith performance of works.
- High quality car wash, foam “eat off” all the dirt, and it is easily washed off with water pressure, which also saves time. Although foam manufacturers say that you can not wash off the foam.
- The composition comprises a foam disinfectants based on chlorine-containing substances, peracetic acid QAC and at this stage disinfects surfaces, which is an additional advantage in high infestation GK.
- Foam flow for 35-40 ton camera without ledges, 1-2 liters. Foam cost 30-35 UAH. / liter.
- Convenient to wash nets and equipment.
For this operation, we use an AED with a nozzle to create a foam, although there are special foam generators that make foam better, but the cost of these generators is high and the purchase of them makes sense for large enterprises.
Next, wash off all the water, all through the same AVD. Of drain wells, if any, remove the eroded remains of straw and mushrooms.
Prior to this, I would like to dwell on another important point, as the control infestation of GK pathogens. It can be performed by culturing. The analysis can be done with the help of air and swab samples from the surface of the racks and equipment. It gives us the opportunity to see the effectiveness of the work of cleaning and disinfection chamber.
Air sampling, we set in the Civil Code (with the fan running on recirculation) open Petri dishes with Czapek medium for 5-10 minutes, in a few places (at the beginning / end of the Civil Code, the top / bottom of the HA in the duct).
Also on a petri dish can be transferred strokes made with cotton swabs and equipment racks.
Do this until the washing chamber after poyki camera, and after disinfection. And on 5-10 day we count the total number of germinated spores and see how the number changes after each operation. If desired, the method using pure cultures, can be determined before the germinated fungi species.
After the washing is made, we proceed to disinfection. There are several types of disinfection:
- The substances dissolved in water – sodium hypochlorite, formaldehyde, hydrogen peroxide, etc. septomin using guns, nozzles on hoses, “tree irrigation».
- Gases paraform (under heating at elektropechke) mixing of formaldehyde and bleach tanks, directly into the GC.
- Kvartsevanie, ozonation. Expensive, but very effective method.
Having tried a variety of methods, I chose the processing facilities and equipment with the help of dissolved him.veschestv through AWD. The HA includes recycling and create an intense movement of air.
Advantages with this method:
- Tiny drops of disinfecting solution are spread across the GC, getting all the way places and getting on all surfaces.
- It creates a mist that when the difference temperature and water is stored for a long time.
- Simplicity and ease of handling. the processing time takes 35-40 ton GC about 10 minutes.
- Spread out the grid, after washing foam disinfectants easily handled on both sides.
- Saving disinfectants, through the ability to conduct processing of the minimum concentration.
To reduce the pathogenic background in GK I would recommend to pay particular attention to: walls, ceiling and floor in the growing rooms and in a clean and dirty corridors.
If the surface of the ceiling and walls is a conventional plaster they need to whiten slaked lime with the addition of copper sulfate 1-2%, if the surface is insulated with foam better handle the foam, if the surface of the sandwich panels can simply be washed with water, and then process the disinfectants of HPA.
3-4 hours prior to loading in the new Civil Code compost party, open to fresh air.
The camera is ready for a new cycle.